Geoscience ANALYST is a free standalone application that allows users to import, visualize, annotate, save, and distribute a multitude of 3D geoscience and mining data types and models. It is the ideal companion to a wide variety of 3D modelling packages. It has an intuitive and modern user interface that is geared toward rapid understanding of complex data. Geoscience ANALYST will quickly become your primary means of communicating and disseminating data, models, and the business decisions based on them.
Geoscience software and free 3D viewer
Free 3D visualization and communication software for integrated, multi-disciplinary geoscience and mining data and models.
Find out more:
Geoscience ANALYST can import and share numerous data and model formats, including GOCAD Mining Suite and VP Suite. It is the 3D visual front end and 3D data set search tool for the Geoscience INTEGRATOR data management system. Its open geoh5 file format, open-source geoh5py Python API and geoapps application repository allow users to leverage the powerful visualization capabilities of Geoscience ANALYST along with open-source code from the Python ecosystem.
”“This software is great. It accomplishes all the aspects I need to be able to spend more time evaluating and thinking about exploration project data, not fussing over complex software. I have advised a number of exploration colleagues to get going on this software; it continues to be fantastic.”Todd KeastP.Geo Consulting Geologist
This standalone application allows users to import, visualize, annotate, save, and distribute 3D geoscience and mining data and models.
- Powerful visualization for interpreters and decision makers
- Intuitive interface to import data and edit visual parameters
- Quick interrogation of data values, attributes, and histograms via a dynamic link between 3D views and data tables
- Ability to annotate objects and save workspaces for easy distribution and sharing
- Create, read, visualize, and share geoh5 workspace files―an open, documented standard
- Python API for manipulation and storage of a wide range of data types in geoh5 file format. Get the package on PyPI. Details available in the user guide.
- Imports AMIRA TEM, ASCII, AutoCAD, Datamine, ESRI, GeoImage, Geosoft, ioGAS, Maxwell plates, GOCAD objects, ODBC drillhole paths, SEG-Y, UBC-GIF, and VP models
- 3D front end to Geoscience INTEGRATOR data management system
- Compatible with Microsoft Windows (64 bit) 7, 8, and 10
Tutorial, tips, and how to videos
- Getting started with Geoscience ANALYST – How to video
- Displaying drillholes in Geoscience ANALYST Free Viewer – Virtual Lecture June 2020
- Advanced block model and drillhole visualization – Virtual Lecture March 2021
- Getting started with the Python geoh5py – Virtual Lecture September 2020
- What’s new in v.3.2 Geoscience ANALYST – Virtual Lecture November 2020
- Tip of the month
Geoscience ANALYST Pro
Pro offers a low-cost, easy-to-use interface for object and data creation and editing. It includes ioGAS Link, Drillhole Designer, Maxwell Link, geophysical survey design, geophysical grid processing, forward modelling, and inversion.
Geoscience ANALYST Pro Geophysics
Pro Geophysics is for advanced yet easy-to-use geophysical interpretation. It provides a formal interface to standard modelling and inversion codes such as UBC-GIF and VP Suite. UBC and VP codes are complementary; the combination offers the ultimate flexibility in geophysical inversion.