The construction of geological models
Available on our YouTube channel

In this lecture, Jean-Philippe Paiement showed how the attribution of probabilistic lithologies to a SKUA-GOCAD implicit model geologic grid provides the optimal modelling output. This grid allows the user to infer unknown quantities, adapt the geological volume outputs, make predictions, and learn from the data. Each model cell can provide detailed stratigraphic, probabilistic lithology estimation (e.g., 90% probability of being a granite, 10% of being a sandstone) and rock property or analytical data estimation (e.g., lithogeochemistry). This provides critical uncertainty estimation for drillhole targeting, resource assessment, and other model outcomes.  The combination of advanced nonlinear geostatistics and stratigraphically, faulted accurate models makes for a powerful interpretation tool for geologists.

 

Notes about the software:

SKUA-GOCAD implicit modelling is a powerful solution for 3D interpolation, analysis, modelling, and data management and interpretation. It allows you to faithfully represent uncertainty in your model structure, parameters, and noise in your data. It is perfect for the modelling of complex fault networks and stratigraphic horizons (with or without drillhole data). Implicit models allow you to look at or classify lithologies, interactively select and interpret the correct data, understand the various relationships, assign, and iteratively reassign “properties” within the interactive modelling environment.

Jean-Philippe is our Director of Global Consulting. He brings 10 years of mineral exploration experience including expertise in geostatistics, structural, geological, and geochemical modelling and interpretation. He is skilled in the application of machine learning to overcome geological challenges and with new methods to reduce interpretational risks with geological data. He has a wide range of experience in mineral resource estimation for precious metals, base metals and industrial minerals across diverse geological environments around the world. He obtained an MSc from Laval University. Jean-Philippe is based in Quebec-City.

Latest events and news

Developer’s sandbox
May, 28 2020

Using Python with Geoscience ANALYST

A new Geoscience ANALYST Python API, providing the capability of connecting to open source software, is scheduled for release....
Read more
Software tips
April, 13 2020

Quick selection search tool

In Geoscience INTEGRATOR we added a search box to help you find objects lists such as drillholes, samples, or stations that often have thousands of items...
Read more
Software tips
October, 14 2021

Customized list of file types to help filtering your files

In Geoscience INTEGRATOR, on top of using Tags and Data set linking, you can give them a File type from a customizable list...
Read more
Software tips
July, 15 2019

Extracting property names from a CSV

In Geoscience INTEGRATOR, extract the property names directly from a CSV file to speed up the process and reduce errors...
Read more
Software tips
January, 02 2019

Creating surfaces from points

With Geoscience ANALYST Pro module, you can create surfaces from any points imported in your workspace...
Read more
Software tips
March, 02 2019

2D map view

2D data can be viewed using the Panels menu > Add map view viewport. 3D data can be shown in the 2D view...
Read more
Software tips
October, 12 2020

Create regions – Crossplot 2D

In GOCAD Mining Suite you can filter data dynamically before creating regions and save the filters as templates for later use...
Read more
Software releases
December, 06 2019

Geoscience INTEGRATOR v3.2

New features were made in the web UI for better visualization of the mine model fusion data. Other features include…
Read more
Software tips
September, 13 2021

Manual classifications vs Project classifications

In Geoscience INTEGRATOR, There are two ways to create classifications when importing data...
Read more
Software releases
September, 24 2019

GOCAD Mining Suite upcoming release

Our next GOCAD release takes adventage of usability and improvements implemented by Emerson-Paradigm...
Read more
Software tips
April, 02 2019

Labelling

In Geoscience ANALYST, labels can be added to draw attention to a particular feature in the Viewport by...
Read more
Geoscience ANALYST
February, 17 2020

Bridging the gap

Industry uptake of academic exploration and mining research is often slower than it should be. Academics must focus on innovation and education...
Read more

Please contact our team for additional information about our products and services